Monday, April 26, 2010

Home Stretch

In a mere three weeks this agonizingly long semester will be over. For some reason this one seems to have stretched out much more than past ones. But I have given my last lecture. All that's left is sitting through 3 classes worth of case study presentations, then one pre-final review, and then the final. And that'll be all she wrote for the academic side of things.

Unfortunately, on the administrative sides the bozos who run this place (clowns in charge of the circus...) are panicking now because they failed to exercise any foresight, leadership, and/or control during the school year. Now they're up against some hard deadlines and consequently cramming a mess of meetings into the little time left. I have little choice but to attend most of them. I'll sit in the back like a good little boy and not say a word, because every word leads to a torrent of more words, even if it's just to say they agree. God, what a monumental waste of time.

It reminds me of congress...

P.S. - When I got into this line of work, one of my early mentors told me three best things about being a college professor were June, July, and August. He was truly a wise man.

No comments: