Friday, December 31, 2010

Fern Bar

Did the Fern Grotto tour this morning. Not the most exciting thing to do, but it is a nice, relaxing couple of hours. You take a large tour boat upriver, followed by a short hike to the grotto. The guides rattle off the typical tour guide mix of facts, legends, and bad jokes. On the way back they teach you a few simple hula moves, and everyone sings along to a couple of songs (Tiny Bubbles, anyone?). Like I said, it was a nice respite from the more active activities.

Tonight there's a New year's Eve luau on the beach, with flaming torches, more hula dancers, and fireworks. I don't have time for much self-reflection on this trip, so I'll just say I hope everyone's 2011 is their best year ever.

Or at least better than 2010.

And maybe in the new year I'll be able to track down obama's birth certificate...

No comments: