Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Go Spurs Go

I've been watching basketball for a long time, but I can't recall a more exciting finish to a game than tonight's playoff game between the San Antonio Spurs and the Memphis Grizzlies.

I'm a Spurs fan not because of geography (as some comic once pointed out, rooting for the home team is basically just rooting for laundry, especially in today's free agent environment), but because the organization  emphasizes character at all levels, including the players (well, maybe with the exception of Dennis Rodman).

I doubt if the Spurs will win the series. They're still down 3 games to 2, and have to play the next one in Memphis, where they have yet to win a game this year.

But none of that should detract from tonight's game. It was incredible, exhilarating, thrilling - pick an adjective, and it won't do the game justice. So I'll relax and enjoy the afterglow, and have (at least) one more Shiner before bedtime.

After all, all I have to look forward to tomorrow is back-to-back meetings from 1:30 to 4:30, followed by class until 7:00, and then a three hour drive home...

No comments: