Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hillary Was Right

Who would you want answering the phone in the White House at 3:00 a.m.?

Obama took SIXTEEN HOURS to make up his mind about Bin Laden mission
  • President 'slept on it' as tense military chiefs awaited decision
  • Action started the next morning when Obama declared 'it's a go'
Barack Obama kept military commanders hanging by declaring he would 'sleep on it' before taking 16 hours to give the go-ahead to raid Bin Laden's compound.

The mission looked set to be given the all clear last Thursday when analysts confirmed beyond doubt that Bin Laden was in busy town of Abbottabad in northern Pakistan.

But the president stunned officials when he told a national security meeting that he wanted more time to think - and disappeared out of the room.

'I'm not going to tell you what my decision is now - I'm going to go back and think about it some more,' said Obama, according to the New York Times. He then added 'I'm going to make a decision soon.'

The head of the CIA and other senior intelligence officers who were keen to proceed were left tense as they waited for the president's decision.
Which came 16 hours later. I'm surprised he didn't squeeze in a game of golf before deciding.

I don't know about you, but it would have taken me about 16 nanoseconds to decide. But we shouldn't be surprised.

After all, this is a guy who couldn't decide whether or not to release his birth certificate. He couldn't decide whether or not to release photos of bin Laden's corpse. Hell, as a senator he couldn't even decide whether or not to vote Yea or Nay, so he just voted "Present" most of the time.

I never thought I'd say this, but I wish Hillary had gotten elected...

No comments: