Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Troubled And Confused

Many times when I am troubled or confused, I find comfort in sitting in my back yard and having a Shiner, along with a quiet conversation with Jesus.

This happened to me again yesterday after a particularly difficult day. I said "Jesus, why do I work so hard?" 


His reply: "Men find many ways to demonstrate the love they have for their family. You work hard to make enough money to have a peaceful, beautiful place for your friends and family to gather." 

I said: "I thought that money was the root of all evil."

And the reply was: "No, the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. Money is a tool; it can be used for good or bad". 


I was starting to feel better, but I still had that one burning question, so I asked it. "Jesus," I said, "what is the meaning of life? Why am I here?"

He replied: "That is a question many men ask. The answer is in your heart and is different for everyone. I would love to chat with you some more, Senor, but for now, I have to finish your lawn." 


* * * * * * * * * * 

I could get into big trouble for this one... 

No comments: