Thursday, May 19, 2011

What'd I Do?

I'm in the doghouse tonight, for no other reason than opening a bag of Chex Mix.

A couple of days ago I felt like a mid-afternoon snack, so I poked around in the pantry. I found a bag of Chex Mix, opened it, and grabbed a couple of handfuls.

This evening, as we were on our way out the door to our son's sports 'banquet' (in this case banquet = potluck dinner), my wife asked me to get the Chex Mix. That was her assigned contribution. When she saw the opened bag the ol' crapola hit the fan.

In my defense, there was no notice given to not eat it, and no notice posted on the bag. In my opinion that's an airtight case. In her opinion I should have known somehow, perhaps through ESP.

In any event, her opinion counts and mine doesn't.

So move over, Rover. We'll be sharing the accommodations tonight...

No comments: