Sunday, June 26, 2011

Blownstar 2012

I just got home from what Harper has referred to as a "more refined Blownstar."

Hmmm...

This was my first blog meet, much less my first Blownstar, so I wasn't sure what to expect. What I found was a lot of enjoyable and interesting people who were fun to be with. Kerrcarto did a great job putting the framework in place, but once everyone got there the self-organizing (*cough*) nature of the group took over.

As for being 'refined,' well, I have no standard of comparison. One the one hand, no one got injured or arrested. On the other hand, it was mostly drink and talk (and drink and talk and drink and talk and ...). There was a side trip on Sat. to Luckenbach, followed by dinner at the Fredericksburg Brewing Company, which was also low-key. So I guess all in all it was pretty laid-back.

Hopefully there'll be another one next year so I can experience the unrefined version...

1 comment:

kerrcarto said...

Had a blast! Next year we will definatly need a buffer zone from the general public if Cal and Paul show up.