Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happily Ever After

My nephew is getting married this weekend. Thursday night is the rehearsal dinner (actually, an outdoor BBQ), Friday night is an informal get together, and Saturday evening is the actual wedding.

He's a good kid and he's marrying a sweet gal who is much too good for him. However ...

They are both blond, with everything that implies. For example, they have decided to have an outdoor wedding ... in central Texas ... in June.

It's broken 100 degrees down here the last three days. We're in the middle of an extreme drought. And for two out of the next three nights we have outdoor events. I don't care how cold the beer is, it's going to be a tough few evenings.

As for the wedding itself, it's being held at a place called the Swanderosa. No, I'm not making that up. It's name comes from a combination of the family that owns it - the Swans - and the old Bonanza ranch - the Ponderosa.

By all accounts it's a lovely, romantic setting, but I keep coming back to that outdoor thing. Did I mention the 100+ temperatures?

In fitting with my role as the black sheep uncle, I plan on wearing a Guyabera; that is, a Mexican wedding shirt.

It's either that or my Dogs Playing Poker shirt. (Yes, I really have one. Yes, I really wear it. Usually to monthly poker games, but sometimes to social events, to the never-ending dismay of my wife and daughter.)

In any event, blogging will be light (but not nonexistent) for the next few days.

It may also be incomprehensible (or at least more incomprehensible than usual) at times...

No comments: