Saturday, July 9, 2011

Happy 15th

Our daughter is having a birthday party today. She just turned 15.

In what I sincerely hope will be a dry-run for her wedding, I was excluded from all party planning. She and my wife took care of everything.

In a few short hours approximately 25 teenagers will be swarming all over the place, and my sole responsibility is to place lawn chairs under the trees and ice down the Shiner for the other dads in attendance.

At last - a job that matches my talents and interests...

UPDATE: 7:15 p.m.

Mission Accomplished!!! The kids had a great time, the moms are satisfied, and the dads are in unanimous agreement that this is the preferred party model for the future. The women do the planning and implementation, while the men sit around and drink beer.

No comments: