Sunday, July 17, 2011

Have A Heart

The whole family spent four hours today getting our CPR/AED Heartsaver certification.

Our 17 year old son is a certified lifeguard, which means he's already been exposed to much of the material. Plus he's 17, so he knows everything.

My wife has been a scuba diver for longer than we've been married (don't ask me how many years exactly - I look it up when I need to know - but it's been at least 20). As part of her diver certification she's taken multiple CPR classes. Plus she's a woman, so she knows it all.

I've been through numerous first aid and medic classes, beginning way back in Boy Scouts, progressing through the Army, and continuing through assorted first aid, diving, swimming, and CPR courses.

Our 15 year old daughter hasn't taken a single first aid class.

Guess who did the best...

1 comment:

JT said...

Similar thing happened to us when my youngest was born. The hospital required NICU families to go through an infant CPR class prior to discharge and our 4-year old (at the time) who was just there as an observer was constantly correcting us and reminding us of the correct compression to breath ratio.