Sunday, June 24, 2012

In The News

In the news this week, Roger Clemens was found not guilty of lying to congress, and Eric Holder is facing contempt of congress charges.

For the record, I think both Clemens and Holder are assholes who are guilty of the charges they faced. However, much as it pains me, I have to say I'm on their side in these cases.

Why should Roger Clemens, or anyone else for that matter, face criminal charges for lying to congress, when congress lies to us every single day of the week and twice on Sundays?


As for Eric Holder being accused of contempt of congress ... hell, I'm guilty of that as well. I have nothing but contempt for those lying do-nothing weasels.


Sigh...

4 comments:

jeffli6 said...

Holder is Chicago built...no need to say more. String him up.

Pascvaks said...

I resemble your remarks too! (Lately, I've been guilty --more and more and more-- of contempt for the bone headed idiots who elected all those bone headed idiots to Congress. Now I'm not completely satisfied with the three that I elected myself you understand, but dang nab it they're the best I could vote for given my choices;-)
TERM LIMITS!! TERM LIMITS!! TERM LIMITS!!

CenTexTim said...

Jeff - "string him up"?!? That's racist!

I'd settle for shooting the SOB just like Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was shot.

Pascvaks - The nearest big city to where I live has term limits for city council members. All that has accomplished is a revolving door of greedy incompetent corrupt political hacks moving from one local office to another (city -> county -> state). IMO the ideal solution would be an informed and involved electorate.

Unfortunately, the odds of that happening are about the same as me winning the lottery.

Pascvaks said...

CenTexTim, not sure I'd want another one of those "Informed and Involved Electorate" things, the last time we did was 151 (7 Score and 11) years ago. But, you know, people do have a way of waking up every now and then. If it happened again, I wonder what the popular myth would be a hundred years after as to why it was fought. Well, like they say, the winner writes the history books. PS: Have a Wonderful 4th of July! ;-)