Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Life In A Small Town

Yet another reason I love living in (well, actually about 10 miles outside of) a small town:

Yesterday I went into town to renew my truck's vehicle registration and to vote in our primary runoff.

I had my choice of parking places right in front of the county courthouse. I was in and out in less than five minutes, having performed my civic duty and clutching my registration renewal in my hot little hand.

You may be interested to know that in the early voting period prior to the runoff there were 2487 republican votes cast, compared to 53 democrat ones. Lets hope that trend is repeated come November.

You Might Be From A Small Town If....
You know what 4-H is.

You ever went cow-tipping or snipe hunting.

You plan parties around the schedule of different police officers, since you know which ones will bust you and which ones won't (same goes with the game warden).

It was cool to date someone from the neighboring town.

Anyone you want can be found at either the Dairy Queen or the feed store.

Weekend excitement involves a trip to the Wal-Mart.

You decide to walk somewhere for exercise and 5 people pull over and ask if you need a ride.

Your teachers call you by your older siblings names.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

LOL, yep brings back fond memories!!! :-)

Pascvaks said...

When, on Sunday, you can be in the Methodist Church singing "Will there be any stars in my crown?" and hear the Baptists singing, as if by coincidence, "No Not One".