Wednesday, October 10, 2012

These Guys Quack Me Up

I am a redneck.

Oh sure, I may have a patina of refinement about me. But scratch that surface and underneath my inner Bubba shines through.

Much to my wife's chagrin.

What brings this up is my pure unadulterated  joy in the new season of Duck Dynasty that began tonight.

I'm not a big reality TV fan, but something about this show strikes a chord with me. Maybe it's the beards (reminiscent of ZZ Top).

Maybe it's the obvious closeness of the family members. They may bicker, but when push comes to shove they all stick together.

Maybe it's the values they espouse.

Whatever it is, I love the show.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

I haven't seen that one... :-)

Pascvaks said...

I haven't either. (If the wife will let me, maybe I can sneak a peak;-)

In the pic above, not sure who's out of place. The guys don't go with the house or the girls, so I guess it's them. Am I right?

CenTexTim said...

You guys should really check the show out. It airs on A&E. Basically, it's about a family that started a business making duck calls. It became such a success that it's now worth several million dollars. (Think "The Beverly Hillbillies" but with Cajuns instead of 'billies, and not as cornball.) The company's name is Duck Commander. If you've ever gone duck hunting, you've probably used one of their products.

The father founded the company but has since retired. One of his sons now runs it, and several other assorted family members work there.

The women in the picture are the wives. I don't know where the house came from. I'm also not sure what's up with the beards, but it seems to be their signature look.