Thursday, December 6, 2012

What Do You Call A Box Of Ducks?

A box of quackers...

One of the (few) benefits of working out of town during the week is that I can watch whatever I want on TV without protests -- or worse, disgusted sighs and rolling eyes -- from my wife.

It's not just sports and action movies. She's pretty tolerant of those - more tolerant than I am of chick flicks. But where she draws the line is my weakness for reality shows. Not Dancing with the Stars or Real Housewives of Wherever. I can't stand those either. But I am hooked on Storage Wars and, most especially, Duck Dynasty.

And I'm in good company. No less an august authority than noted television critic Neil Genzlinger of the New York Times agrees with me.
“Duck Dynasty” follows the goings-on at Duck Commander, a family business in Louisiana that is built on duck calls...

...The result is a pretty entertaining show.
It's not just entertaining. It embraces a philosophy of life that I agree with.



As if that's not enough, there's an interesting backstory. For all you NFL fans that know who Terry Bradshaw is, take note.


So do yourself a favor. Grab an adult beverage or two and sit through just one Duck Dynasty episode. It's only a short 30 minutes out of your life. What have you got to lose?

Try it. You just might like it...

2 comments:

JT said...

It is not possible to sit through just one episode. The day after my first episode, I sat down and watched every episode that was on demand, and set the DVR to record every episode. I love the Robertsons like they were my own family.

CenTexTim said...

In some of my more frustrating moments I fantasize about going to work for Duck Commander.

Should we invite Si to the next Blownstar?