Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday Funnies 2013.03.17

I'm retiring in two months. Here's some of the things going through my mind.

One of the things I'm worried about is outliving our money.
Retirement is like a long vacation in Las Vegas. The goal is to enjoy it the fullest, but not so fully that you run out of money. - Jonathan Clements
My wife has two concerns. One is the same as mine - running out of money. The other is what to do with me when I'm underfoot full time.
When a man retires, his wife gets twice the husband but only half the income. - Chi Chi Rodriguez

A retired husband is often a wife's full-time job. - Ella Harris
Professionally speaking, I have a few thoughts about retiring.
It is time I stepped aside for a less experienced and less able man. - Scott Elledge
Old professors never die. They just grade away.

I used to teach. Now I have no class.
Here's the last word.
Retirement is wonderful. It's doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it. - Gene Perret



2 comments:

Old NFO said...

All good points... Good friend retired, 6 months later the wife told him to go find a job, he was driving her NUTS!!! :-)

CenTexTim said...

Yeah, we've already had that talk. She has a list of projects for me to do - most of them outside...