Saturday, May 25, 2013

Panic Attack

I saw the headline below on Drudge and almost broke down and cried. Then I realized I had misread it.
SUMMER BUMMER: Beef Prices Set New Record...
I read it as 'BEER prices set new record.'

Don't get me wrong. I like my dead cow just as much as the next man. But I've still got some of last season's venison in the freezer, and if necessary I can get by with chicken, pork, or even fish. So an increase in beef prices, while troublesome, isn't the end of the world.

But when you talk about raising the price of my beer you're walkin' on the fightin' side of me.


4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good point, it's not good when beer prices go up.

CenTexTim said...

Not good? It's a friggin' catastrophe!

Toejam said...

Ya know where I come from beer costs more per gallon than gas.

CenTexTim said...

Toejam, you need to move!