Tuesday, September 10, 2013

For Harper

As you know, I'm in D.C. for my uncle's funeral. A solemn affair grew even more somber last night as the Eagles dismantled the hapless Redskins.

I was going to take the high road after your uncalled for attack on my poor Longhorns. Granted, they were outrecruited , outcoached, and outplayed by BYU, but still...

A couple of interesting side notes: one, I can see the lights of FedEx field (home of the 'skins) from the balcony of my hotel room. Sitting out there having a beer while listening to the game on TV was most enjoyable. Two, one of the waitresses in the hotel bar was wearing a Cowboys T-shirt last night. She and I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Wishing you the best going forward...

4 comments:

JT said...

I enjoyed the game, too. They kept it close, which is more than I can say for other teams. Sorry to hear about your alma mater taking out their frustrations on the defensive coordinator. Have you seen these T-shirts?

CenTexTim said...

Cute...

Toejam said...

Take care CTT, D.C.'s a rough city. about 12 years ago My wife, young daughter and I were invited to attend the Friday evening Parade at 8th & I (Marine barracks. We parked about a half mile away in the Navy Yard. It wasn't a pleasant neighborhood but on our walk in both directions we were accompanied by at least 6 uniformed Leathernecks. My daughter loved that part!

PS: Today 9/11 1-million Mooslimes will gather on the mall (permit granted). Probably only men since women are 2nd class humans.

2-million Patriot Riders will drive though D.C. (permit denied). Both men and women cause the bikers revere, adore and respect the woman who will accompany them.

It should be an very, very interesting day.

CenTexTim said...

Toejam - very cool story. Oorah!

I was a little worried about potential traffic problems, because we were leaving DC on the 11th. We saw a few bikers (no muslims) but made it to the airport on time.