Monday, December 2, 2013

FOD 2013.12.02

Imagine that you have cancer.

Now imagine that your health insurance is covering your treatment, you have access to an excellent medical team and facilities, and you are doing well.

Finally, imagine that a totalitarian government deems your current policy, which is keeping you alive and well, substandard, and forces the insurance company to cancel your coverage. Furthermore, that same government then mandates that you get a new policy that you can't afford.

What do you do?

If you are Bill Elliott of South Carolina, you say your goodbyes and prepare to die.

But before you do, you go public with your situation, calling out obama for his lies.
KELLY: Do you feel that the president knowingly misled you? Does it even matter to you?

ELLIOTT: Absolutely. He misled me. In fact, I voted for him because of that fact. You know? Governor Romney come out with his facts, but when President Obama come out and said, you know, you can keep your doctor, keep your insurance, I liked my doctor, I loved my insurance. It was paying just about everything including medications and medical devices.

Now with ObamaCare, the man that I've got looked into it, they are not going to pay for pharmaceuticals or medical devices. MRI that I had last month before I got cancelled was $3,000. Now if I have to have another one it costs me out of my pocket $3,000.

KELLY: Your decision now faced with these costs is to do what with respect to your insurance?

ELLIOTT: What I'm going to do now -- and I have thought about this long and hard -- is that when my insurance comes out it's going to be -- just for me -- it will be $1,500 a month with a $13,500 deductible. I'm not going to pay that. If I make it that long I will pay $95, whatever fines and I'm going to let nature take its course. I'm not going to put a burden on my family to pay this $1,500. What good is it going to do? When I was paying almost $180 I think it was, now it's $1,500 and will take money out of my kids' banks, my family. I'm not going to put up with that.

Whatever happens, I believe I'm doing the right thing. I thought about it and prayed about it. I'm not letting this $1,500 -- that's a catastrophic event, previous event. I'm not going to pay it. To me it's saving my family money and they will have money to spend instead of throwing it down the drain like President Obama is wanting us to do.
In an uplifting twist to this story, an insurance broker named C. Stephen Tucker heard about Bill's plight and found a way to let him retain his coverage. Happy ending, right?

Not so fast.

Shortly after the story broke both Elliott and Tucker received notices that the IRS was going to audit them.

They join a distinguished list of obama critics who found themselves under IRS scrutiny shortly after speaking out against Dear Leader.
Yep, suddenly--and  not coincidentally--Elliot and Tucker are  being audited by the IRS, joining a list of other organizations and individuals who are also suddenly enduring an IRS audit or other problems after disagreeing with Obama such as several Tea Party and conservative groups, prominent black physician Dr. Ben Carson who has publicly criticized Obamacare, Catholic professor Ann Hendershott who also had the audacity to publicly disagree with Obama and even the billionaire owners of the Chicago Cubs.
It's hard to believe that this could happen in the America I grew up in. It's even harder to believe that nobody seems willing or able to do anything about it. If no one stands up to the bully in the White House we will soon reach a point where (more) Americans become suspicious and distrustful of their government, viewing its agencies as tools of oppression rather than institutions intended to serve 'we the people.'

For some of us, it's too late...


2 comments:

Steve D said...

Here's the problem in a nutshell.

'I voted for him because of that fact.'

A few seconds thought should have been all that was necessary for him to realize that it was a lie.

CenTexTim said...

NFO - I wish it wasn't such a good point.

Steve - Unfortunately, a lot of people who voted for that fool didn't stop and think before doing so.