Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Mile High Koozie

Back home from Denver - for one night. I have to take another out-of-town trip tomorrow, but thankfully it's only an overnighter. The Denver trip went smoothly, for which I'm grateful. But it also worries me. The travel law of averages means that sooner or later I'm due for a Trip From Hell.

One of the things we tried to do while in Colorado was find a marijuana shop. No, not to score some weed, but simply out of curiosity. What we learned is that the state of Colorado may have legalized marijuana, but it also inserted a 'local option' clause into the law. That means each municipality can decide for itself whether or not to allow sale of pot within its boundaries. Interestingly, many municipalities have opted out. We were in Littleton, a small town on the outskirts of Denver. Littleton allows sales of medical marijuana (you need a state-issued ID card), but not sales for recreational purposes. We found one such store, which also sells an interesting line of hemp-based products (clothes, bags, purses, etc.). When I saw the item below, I couldn't help myself. I just had to buy one.

It's a hemp koozie...

... made by the Hemp Sisters.
It does a good job keeping condensation from the bottle off the furniture, but doesn't keep the beer as cold as a traditional koozie.

Anyway, I'm home just long enough to drop off my dirty laundry and pick up a change of clothes. Then I'm back on the road Wednesday, home Thursday, hosting guests for the weekend beginning Friday, and playing in a golf tournament on Sunday. Hopefully things will slow down next week.

Being retired is starting to wear me out...

3 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

As an off and on CO resident, I was amused to find the Medical Marijuana stores are located near the traditional unlicensed pharmacy bazaars. No legal pot stores in my current county; the locals either drive to the next two counties, or use their traditional vendors.

CenTexTim said...

This place was a medical MJ store, but it seemed more like a head shop from the '60s. Same merchandise, same music, same people working there... time warp...

CenTexTim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.