Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sunday Funnies 2015.06.07

Yesterday we went to a graduation party for my grandson, who just finished high school.

Like all the other kids graduating high school, he thinks he knows everything. He'll learn better...


My grandson just graduated from high school without, so far as I could see, ever getting out of bed in the daytime.

 * * * * * * * * * *

When he graduated, he had to give a speech.  He began by reading from his prepared text.

"I want to talk about my mother and the wonderful influence she has had on my life," he told the audience.  "She is a shining example of parenthood, and I love her more than words could ever do justice."

At this point he seemed to struggle for words.  After a pause he looked up with a sly grin and said, "It's really hard to read my mom's handwriting."

 * * * * * * * * * *

You know our education system has problems when Hallmark comes out with a new line of "Easy-to-read" graduation cards.

 * * * * * * * * * *

A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells hundreds of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that 'individuality' is the key to success.

 * * * * * * * * * *

High School is a lot like toilet paper - you only miss it when its gone.

 * * * * * * * * * *

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Beth.
Beth who?
Beth wishes on your graduation.






And finally, one for me!

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

ROTF, I LIKE the last one!!!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

+1 NFO

CenTexTim said...

Sounds like you two have sat through a few of those never-ending ceremonies...