Sunday, October 11, 2015

Sunday Funnies 2015.10.11

We just 'upgraded' our 15 year old home entertainment system. We're now the proud owners of audio and visual equipment that is smarter than I am. Like I say about cable TV - 250 channels, and nothing good is on...


Cable TV is now evenly divided between shows about preparing food and shows about losing weight.
- Andy Borowitz

I may have made a lot of bad decisions in life, but at least I don't watch daytime television.
- Andy Borowitz

Television is a device that permits people who haven't anything to do to watch people who can't do anything.
- Fred Allen

Television is a medium because anything well done is rare.
- Fred Allen

In California, they don't throw their garbage away - they make it into TV shows.
- Woody Allen

Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn’t have in your home.
- David Frost

I saw this advertisement on Craigslist that said: “Television for sale, $10, volume stuck on full.”
I thought, “I can’t turn that down.”











2 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Pullled the TV plug 4 years ago and don't miss it. About 60% ads and 40% content.

CenTexTim said...

Good move. Unfortunately, I'm addicted to football...